The coronavirus – how does this affect you as a customer?
What effect is the virus having on the economy? COVID-19 is creating a constantly changing situation – impacting the financial market, jobs and travel. To help you get a simple overview of the implications, we have gathered information about how you, as a customer, are affected.
Changes to travel plans?
Do you have a trip planned in the near future, or are you thinking about booking one? We have collected information about the guidelines surrounding cancellation if you get sick while travelling.
Are you infected with the coronavirus and unable to work? Here are some things you should consider:
Are you on sick leave, in home quarantine or have lost your job because of the coronavirus? Here are some tips on helping to manage your personal finances in troubled times.
If you are on sick leave or in home quarantine
- Keep close contact with your employer and make sure that you get all relevant information.
- Depending on your situation, check whether you are eligible for sick pay from your employer, sickness benefit from Försäkringskassan or disease carrier’s allowance from Försäkringskassan. Also check how to apply for it.
If you are temporarily laid off
- Keep close contact with your employer to learn what applies for the temporary layoff.
If you are a job seeker or have been given notice
- Notify the Swedish Public Employment Service (Arbetsförmedlingen).
- Keep close contact with your employer to see if there are other job opportunities available.
- If you are not a member of an unemployment insurance fund (A-kassa), make sure to register at one of them.
For more information
The government’s website about the coronavirus
Försäkringskassan’s website for questions regarding insurance (in Swedish and English)
The Swedish Public Employment Service’s website for terms and conditions concerning the unemployment insurance fund (in Swedish, English and a number of other languages)
We are here for you – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year!
You are always welcome to contact us. Right now, we recommend that you manage your bank errands via the app, internet banking or by phone. When you call us, choose personal service in order to get personal assistance. Our advisors can assist you in both Swedish and English.